“O God, you have taught me from my earliest childhood, and I constantly tell others about the wonderful things you do. Now that I am old and gray, do not abandon me, O God. Let me proclaim your power to this new generation, your mighty miracles to all who come after me.”
- Psalms 71:17-18 (NLT)
The belief and purpose of the Senior Adult Ministry of Life Assembly, (Life’s Joy) is to provide opportunities for senior adults to continue their spiritual growth and relationship with Jesus Christ through the realization that God has not finished His work in us yet. We exist to serve our King through the study of His word, through service, through worship, through laughter, and through fellowship.
Life’s Joy exists to support the core values of Life Assembly. We buy into these core values whole-heartedly, and support them with our belief that there is no “laity” in God’s Kingdom and no retirement from His service!
- Church Should Be Fun! - Through multiple opportunities for fellowship, we are given an opportunity to “loosen up” and know God is ok with us laughing and enjoying the best year’s of our lives through fellowship and worship that makes us have a joyful heart.
- Live to Give - Not only do we support Life Assembly with our tithes and offerings, but we participate in various ministries throughout Life Assembly, not just those ministries that are age specific to us. God has given us valuable life experiences which can be of great benefit to young believers, and we offer opportunities to share these experiences through fellowship, mentorship, and relationship.
- Do It Right or Don’t Do It At All - God expects our best everyday, and we believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right.
- We are Partners in the Journey - We give senior adults opportunities to partner with other believers at Life Assembly through fellowship and discipleship. We believe senior adults can be sources of encouragement and support for each other as we face physical and emotional trials as we mature. We exist to embrace all age groups of Life Assembly and provide opportunities to share our knowledge of not only our God, but also of life. We provide opportunities to mentor and support younger believers either in age or spiritual maturity, and understand that God has not lightened our workload because of our stage in life. Because God has given us wisdom through life experiences, we understand and embrace the realization that God requires us to partner with others to share His love for us.
- Dreamers Are Welcome - We have had an opportunity to see dreams come true. We support and encourage all ages to continue to dream as long as God gives breath. We believe that God will provide the desires of our hearts, and through this realization, we are challenged to continue to dream big!
- We Don’t Want Members; We Want Citizens - We believe that Christianity and Faith are verbs. We exist as a group that remains active in the Kingdom and believe there is no retirement from His service. We exist to provide opportunities for senior adults to continue to grow their relationships with God and provide the citizens opportunities for active participation in Life Assembly’s Kingdom work.