Life’s Core Values – What makes LIFE unique!
- Live to Give. Through giving to missions and our community, we can change the world. The Kingdom of God is based on giving, and we desire a mindset of abundance instead of scarcity.
- We are Partners in the Journey. Relationships trump numerical results. Ministry spans life from birth to death. Our goal is that each person at Life will find two or three significant connections; hundreds are not realistic or healthy.
- Church Should Be Fun! Laughing is important. We don’t take ourselves so seriously that we can’t enjoy the journey. There is no room for “Pharisee attitudes.” We don’t major in minors.
- Dreamers Are Welcome. We welcome a culture of big dreams and creativity, and this spiritual DNA should be reflected in our ministries, media, facilities, and most of all, the lives of our people.
- We Don’t Want Members; We Want Partners. Members ask what they can get; citizens own the process and ask what they can give. We don’t exist to make people comfortable, but rather to love them as the Spirit moves them into adventurous and effective living. We desire for you to actively pursue your working place in the Kingdom.
Biblically, We Are Committed To:
- Communicating Grace. We believe it is the grace of God initiated by God that is the starting point for every aspect of faith, both initially and continually. As we have received grace to enter into salvation, we desire to continue in the same grace throughout our walks with Christ. From our children’s ministries to our Dream Team (volunteer system) to our music to our Sunday services, grace is never meant to be an afterthought.
- Fostering Discipleship. Through our Sunday worship experiences, authentic community in the larger organization and in small groups, and emphasizing discipleship elements in programs, as well as our everyday individual lives, we strive to teach all the truth of the Gospel. We are committed to an accurate knowledge (rightly dividing the word of God); not just doctrinal tradition, but expropriation of scripture. We desire that each individual will take the onus for their own Christian walk within our community.
- Developing Authentic Community. The foundational elements of faith are rooted in caring for one another (“love one another even as Christ so loved the church”). We provide opportunities and teachings that help people enter into real relationships with each other. We encourage vulnerability in relationships, partnership in life events, and a genuine care for each others’ marriages, families, careers, and personal pursuits.
- Equipping Christians to Own Ministry. By helping to explore spiritual giftings & influence in selfless service, we desire to foster connection with believers within an environment of Cristian faith.
- Launching Disciples into Missions and Service. We want to live a contagious lifestyle that is pleasing to the Christ, and influential to the world. We also want to foster and experience the elements of faith, missions, and kingdom building through home, community, and international missions endeavors.
- Working for the Kingdom. We want to build the Kingdom by focusing on Kingdom values and mission above all other endeavors. Likewise we desire to love people regardless of where they are in life’s journey, living lives intimately led by the Spirit of God.
Our Theological Viewpoints:
We believe that the scriptures are inspired by God, declaring His design and plan for mankind. There is only One True God–revealed in three persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is Deity. . . both human and divine. Though originally good, humankind willingly fell into sin, ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world. Every person can have a relationship with God through salvation, which is accepting Christ’s offer of forgiveness for sin. We practice two ordinances: water baptism by immersion after salvation and Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
We believe that God the Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin and draws us to the Father. He baptizes us into the body of Christ indwelling every believer. He leads us to truth. He counsels us. He teaches us. He empowers us for witnessing. He continually fills us for living and walking in the Spirit. He distributes gifts to every believer. The fruit of the Spirit are the by-product of a Spirit-filled life and evidence of spiritual maturity. (John 16:8, 1 Cor. 12:13, John 16:13, John 14:16, John 14:26, Acts 1:8, Acts 4:31, Gal. 5:16-25, Eph. 5:18, 1 Cor. 12:4-11, Galatians 5:22-23).
Sanctification initially occurs at salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating oneself from the old lifestyle as believers continually draw closer to God and become more like Jesus. The Church has a mission to seek and save those who are separated from God. We believe that the Church is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ. Healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). We believe that Jesus will return to rapture His Church prior to His final return to Earth (the Second Coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. A final judgment will take place for all humankind. Those who have rejected Christ will be consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire and those who have accepted Him will enter eternity in perpetual relationship with Him and all those in His family within a new heaven and a new earth.